Creighton Extracurricular Activities
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity - President
- Campus Ministry - Retreat Coordinator, Salt and Light Team Executive
- Undergraduate Researcher - Ferlic Summer Research Program Scholar (Biology Department)
- 2014 Welcome Week Executive
What excited you most about choosing Creighton as your university?
Personally, I loved Creighton from the second that I set foot on campus, and I knew that it was the only place that I wanted to be. I felt like I was part of a bigger family when I visited, and that has carried over into every aspect of my Creighton experience. I was excited to be challenged and pushed, but to also have faculty who cared enough to help me out along the way.
What opportunities have made your Creighton experience unique and valuable?
Creighton offers endless possibilities for academic, social and leadership growth. You’ll find many organizations to join as a freshman and there is always something to do on campus. Creighton does have Greek Life, with recruitment is in the Spring semester, which allows students to become accustomed to college life first without adding too much to their plate!
What do you think sets Creighton apart from other universities?
- The small student-to-teacher ratio is excellent! I feel like I am more than a number on campus, the teachers value my input and constantly help me enhance my potential for success.
- There are excellent advisors in every field, and they help us map out coursework that will let us achieve our personal goals as we prepare for graduation.
- I love that Creighton is small enough that I know a lot of people but it’s big enough that I don’t know everyone. It’s a nice balance.
- The highly engaged faculty and campus support made my college experience feel “individualized.”
From your experience, what do you feel are Creighton’s strengths in preparing students for their future?
The courses offered here allow us to improve our critical thinking and planning skills. We learn about incorporating the Jesuit values in all aspects of Creighton life, which can be translated into real world social expectations and service. The faculty and staff and my fellow students have helped me grow in ways I never thought were possible.