Military Science (Minor)
Develop leadership and management skills for success as a leader in a civilian career or the U.S. Army with a minor in military science.
As one of the premier Army ROTC programs in the country, Creighton’s Department of Military Science will educate, train, develop and inspire you to become an officer and leader of character, with an emphasis on ethical conduct.
Your military education will include:
- Classroom instruction
- Leadership laboratories
- Experiential learning focused on developing the mind, body and spirit
This program will appeal to you if you:
- Like intellectual as well as physical challenges
- Desire to work for the preservation of peace and national security
Students who successfully complete Creighton’s minor in military science can complete their undergraduate degree and receive a commission as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve or the U.S. Army National Guard.
The U.S. Army offers opportunities for postgraduate study and opportunities to specialize in fields such as international linguistics.
- Learn leadership, discipline, professionalism, teamwork and ethics.
- Compete in Color Guard and Ranger Training
- Take part in cultural immersion activities.
- National Society of Pershing Rifles
The National Society of Pershing Rifles develops outstanding traits of leadership and discipline within the framework of a military-oriented, honorary fraternity.
Several scholarships are available to students:
- For high-school students, 4-year or 3AD (Advanced Designee) scholarships. The 3AD award begins with the sophomore year.
- On-Campus Scholarship, for demonstrated leadership ability. Merit-based (high GPA, high physical fitness, leadership potential), awarded for 3.5, 3, 2.5, or 2 years.
- National Guard or Army Reserve scholarships above and beyond those provided by individual states.