The prestigious College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Fellows Program is rooted in the Jesuit traditions of Creighton University. In this four-year program, students work closely with the dean of the College and members of the dean’s leadership team, building connections with faculty, staff, alumni and students. They explore the concept of Ignatian leadership and develop their own leadership skills through discussion and experiences inside and outside of the classroom. College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Fellows are passionate and engaged servant-leaders in our campus community.
- Priority registration for classes
- A special section of RSP led by the dean and associate deans
- A Critical Issues in Human Inquiry class designed specifically for Dean’s Fellows
- Leadership seminars throughout each academic year
- The opportunity to build relationships with upperclassmen through Dean’s Fellows Loyalty Circles
- Eligible for a $1,000 foreign study stipend and a $250 research/professional development grant
- Special invitations to meet and interact with campus speakers and alumni, including the College’s Alumni Advisory Council, which consists of local and national leaders in health care, the arts, nonprofits and business
- Dean’s Office support for internships and leadership opportunities inside and outside of the College
- Admissions preference to Creighton’s graduate programs and $1,000 scholarship for those enrolling in a College of Arts and Sciences graduate program
To be eligible for the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Fellows program, students must have a 3.7 high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and a minimum ACT score of 27 or SAT score of 1260. Interested students must apply to the program and complete an interview in the winter of their senior year in high school. Please visit the Creighton Admissions website for more information.
To remain in good standing in the program, current Dean’s Fellows must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3
- Maintain good academic standing and abide by the student code of conduct
- Enroll in and attend designated Dean’s Fellows courses freshman year
- Enroll in and attend Dean’s Fellows monthly leadership development classes sophomore through senior years
- Attend all-group meetings during the academic year, including the annual fall retreat
- Serve as an ambassador to prospective students, promoting the College and the Program at campus events
For questions about this program, email the Dean’s Office at ccasdean [at] creighton [dot] edu or call the office at 402.280.4009.